Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Rock Star Fantasies


Yes, I admit it. I have rock star fantasies. Not fantasies about rock stars (I am still traumatized by that Hawksley Workman nightmare), but fantasies in which I am a rock star. Well, not really a star. I aim a little lower than that. It goes like this: when I hear a great song with great vocals (it can be sung by a male or female) I imagine that I am singing the song. But in the fantasy, I am in a talent show at my workplace (I know, if you are gonna dream, dream big!) I also imagine what outfit I would be wearing and how my hair would be styled. If the song is a duet, I imagine that Apples is singing with me. She would be the lead vocal and I would be the harmony, of course. In the fantasy, I am not discovered by a record producer. I would have my 15 seconds of fame, the admiration of my coworkers and then return to my simple life of Liquidation Store shopping and $4 tea at Starbucks (maybe I would win a free buffet for two...that would be cool). I refer to this daydream as a "fantasy" because in real life, I could never sing in front of an audience. My voice would quiver and I would have flashbacks of me singing "Puttin' On The Ritz" for a community theatre audition at the age of 15. Not good. But if Apples was in the talent show, she would end up touring with Feist, or acquire the role of Angelina Jolie's body double in her next film. Maybe I could be Apples' personal assistant but I am quite certain that she would never put me in charge of choosing her wardrobe.

So, there you have it, my rock star fantasy. The rock star in the picture is Ruby from the Scottish band Babygod. You can check out their video on www.bionicbuddha.com. It's called "One For The Boys". You'll find it under "Television" and "V Sides" on the main page (I think Apples would like it).

4 comments:

big fan of cherry said...

hey, welcome back cherry. great to hear your daily musings once more.
you do rock! whether you know it or not.:-))

flowerchild said...

it's never to late to be discovered you and apples should give it a try great picture in the corner

Cherry said...

Well, thank you! I always suspected that I rocked, but it is so nice to hear it from someone else;)

apples said...

have you heard feist's 1 2 3 4... that is the song for our talent show debut... i've got the blue unitard if you're ready.