Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I Look Smart!


I posted this photo on my blog once before. A few people have commented that I look a bit "special" in this picture (that is me on the right). I will have you know that today a complete stranger told me that I look smart! Yes. Here is the story...I was walking down the street and a man was walking up to his vehicle. He resembled the stereotypical "beach" kind of guy, complete with tan, tank top and tribal tattoos. I was dressed in my business attire. The young man looked me up and down and commented "My, don't you look smart today!" The first thought that came to my mind was "Well, not really. I am of average intelligence", but instead I said "Thank you". He then said "How are you today?" and I replied "Fine, and you?" He responded with, "I am well, thank you". He got into his vehicle and drove away, but he continued to look back at me. This encounter did not make me uncomfortable as he was polite enough.

As I continued on my journey, a sports car sped past me. The passenger poked his head out of the window and exclaimed "I love you!" I was perplexed. How could he love me when he doesn't even know me? All that I can conclude is that everyone has a bit of the Spring Fever. I have also come to the realization that men like to see a woman in secretary attire. I never receive that much attention when I am wearing my hooker clothes.

My final stop was at the variety store to purchase microwave popcorn and diet pop. I rarely purchase lottery tickets but I decided to buy one. The Asian man behind the counter looked at my heavy load of groceries and said "I wish you good luck. You win the lottery and you never have to walk again. And every generation after you will have car too!" I thanked him and left the store, walking a little prouder and feeling a bit luckier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to leave this here, add to it or delete it?

Anonymous said...

we want more!

Jenn said...

hey
write some more
we'd love to read it
love from jenn
x